5 Benefits Of taking Probiotics You Should Know About!
Probiotics are good bacteria that live in your gut. They are crucial in keeping your digestive system healthy and provide several other health benefits. Here are five reasons why taking probiotics is such a bright idea:
1. You'll have better digestive health: Probiotics are suitable for your digestive tract. The bacteria found in probiotic foods, supplements, and drinks can help support a healthy balance of gut bacteria and minimize the risk of diarrhea. They also promote regular bowel movements, making you less likely to experience constipation. Probiotics may even reduce your risk of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). This chronic condition causes abdominal pain and changes in bowel habits such as diarrhea or constipation. One study claims researchers tested the effect of daily low-dose probiotic supplements on people with IBS symptoms over six weeks; they found it reduced their overall symptoms by up to fifty percent.
2. Your immune system will be stronger: Probiotics are good for your immune system. This can be especially true if you have a compromised immune system, such as cancer or chemotherapy treatments. Studies have shown that probiotics help fight infections such as urinary tract infections (UTIs). They also help lower the risk of getting respiratory infections and allergies like asthma or eczema, as they are known for improving the function of your immune system.
3. You'll have healthier skin: Probiotics help keep the skin healthy by reducing acne, eczema, psoriasis and rosacea. Many researchers have found that probiotic supplementation can help improve the overall appearance of your skin, adding that youthful, clear complexion that most seek! But that's not at all. Since it boosts and strengthens the immune system, it may also help fight off colds and flu more swiftly. Now that's what we call beauty that is inside and out!
4. It may help relieve PMS symptoms: Probiotics can help relieve PMS symptoms. Many women experience bloating, breast tenderness and mood swings around their monthly cycle. Probiotics have been shown to alleviate these symptoms in some people—especially those who have taken antibiotics or birth control pills. These probiotic benefits also include fighting fatigue and helping to regulate the digestive system during monthly periods when your hormones are all over the place.
5. It may help reduce bloating and gas: You'll have reduced bloating and gas. Since these are the good bacteria that help digest food. When you consume probiotics, this is how they help you. When you eat nutrients from your food, your gut flora breaks down those nutrients into something useful for your body to use. This is why probiotic supplements are often marketed as "good digestion" or "probiotic digestive health" supplements. They can improve how your body digests food by increasing the number of good bacteria in the gut and decreasing the number of harmful bacteria there. And when it comes to bloating and gas, this is especially beneficial because it helps balance out what's happening in your system. Ensuring things aren't backed up or impacted by too much fermentation happening in one spot (which leads to uncomfortable bloating).
No wonder taking probiotics is a smart and easy way to boost your health. They can help with digestive, skin, and PMS symptoms. Moreover, probiotics have also been shown to improve brain function by increasing the production of essential chemicals in your body. Bio-K Probiotics products are a leading brand ensuring quality and high performance regarding their products. So, if living a healthier life happens to be your life goal, we suggest you start by making a small addition to your daily life. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that live in your gut and help keep it healthy by fighting off harmful microorganisms like yeast and bad bacteria. They also promote good digestion by helping with nutrient absorption and regulating bowel movements. Of course, probiotics can be obtained from some food sources like yogurt or kefir. Consuming probiotics through a high-quality supplement is still one of the easiest ways to enjoy its multiple benefits.
Foods for Life is one of Toronto's leading natural food stores that offer health foods, vitamins and supplements at discount prices. We've been helping Canadians achieve their health supplement needs for over 44 years in our locally owned store! Send your order for an in-store pick-up today!